- Managed an engineering team of 16 with five direct reports, including multiple
- Defined the technical strategy, team structure, and staffing to execute the
- Rebuilt the team’s agile processes in partnership with the product management
- Recruiting, hiring for new openings in the engineering team, as well as
transitioning folks out.
- Rearchitected the .com site to a set of stateless web services (Next.js) powered
RESTful APIs (python and CraftCMS) from a Tornado-based monolithic application.
- Migrated the application initially designed for Heroku to a distributed
application hosted in AWS.
- Reduced monthly AWS spend from $20k to $12k
- Directed rebuilding the client portal from a homegrown application framework to Django.
- Partnered with our head of product to realign the application efforts into three
teams focused on growth, job marketplace mechanics, and client tools.
- Over that time, was able to:
- Implement an experimentation strategy.
- Increase readership to a company high of over 7 million monthly unique
visitors from slightly over 5 million.
- Saw a 90% growth in job applications by improving the site SEO and user
- Launched a new onboarding tool and portal for clients, reducing client
onboarding time by 60% while supporting account management retention
objectives of over 90%.